- I am keeping appropriate distance and wearing a mask in public; I am washing my hands a lot and doing all the things. I expect that clients who come in to my office will have been doing the same.
- I will be scheduling just one or 2 sessions a day, with at least an hour in between. No one else is working in my office suite, so we have the place to ourselves.
- I will email you the day before your appointment to do a health screen. Please respond! We will cancel (no charge) if you are experiencing symptoms or have been exposed to anyone who’s been ill. I will also be inquiring about significant public exposure and travel.
- I will ask you to text me when you arrive and will reply when I am ready for you to come in.
- We will both be wearing masks throughout the session – it’s not as bad as I thought it would be! Please bring your own if possible. Also bring a water bottle if you would like a drink before or after your session.
- I will disinfect all surfaces and change all linens between clients.
- I also ask that if – during the 2 weeks following our appointment – you become ill or you think you’ve been exposed to COVID, you let me know as soon as possible! I would immediately quarantine myself to protect my other clients and inform all I’ve had contact with of possible exposure.
These techniques are a brilliant combination of traditional wisdom and modern science. They originate in ancient Maya practices of abdominal massage. Dr. Rosita Arvigo studied for 40 years with traditional healers in Central America and combined what she learned with extensive anatomical study and her Naprapathic practices. (Naprapathy shares a fundamental philosophy with chiropractic, but focuses on soft tissue manipulation and stretching rather than bony adjustment.)
Gentle external massage helps guide organs back into proper position and enhances the flow of blood, lymph and nerve impulses in the abdomen. The increased flow restores balance and allows the body to heal.
What conditions is it helpful for?
So many! I often find myself explaining it is good for all things reproductive and digestive in men and women. It also helps colicky babies and children. And it is very effective in aiding recovery from any abdominal surgery. Here is a shortlist:
- Pelvic Pain
- Menstrual pain and endometriosis
- Ovarian cysts and PCOS
- Chronic yeast, BV and bladder infections
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Digestive disorders of all kinds
- Scar tissue and surgical recovery
- Prostate problems, Erectile Dysfunction and Impotence
In the Childbearing Year, Arvigo Therapy Supports
- Optimal fertility for both partners
- Ease and comfort in pregnancy
- Smooth Delivery
- Postpartum Recovery
- Healing from cesarean birth and preparation for VBAC
Yes it can! Our Fertility Enhancement Protocol is helpful for all types of conception. Regular professional treatments and daily home care can improve follicle maturation, cervical fluid, uterine lining and uterine blood supply. Vaginal steams prior to insemination or transfer help make your cervix soft and receptive thereby easing the process. I also believe the nurturing and relaxation experienced helps you settle in to the process, reducing stress and opening the way for conscious conception… whatever your path looks like.
No, it does not hurt. Many people have never experienced abdominal massage, so they may feel some tenderness and other unfamiliar sensations during the first session. I always modify my pressure for my clients’ comfort. The effect of this massage tends to be very soothing and relaxing
You can, but it’s not ideal if you are seeking treatment for womb-related conditions. We modify the techniques and use significantly less pressure in the lower abdomen. Deeper massage is more effective for conditions like painful periods and cesarean recovery.
Absolutely! My specialty is Women’s Health, but I treat people of all genders. When working with clients on fertility issues, I prefer to see both partners. Arvigo® Therapy can improve sperm health and transport. It can also enhance erectile function and promote prostate health.
I am happy to work with people of all genders. Regardless of how you identify, you have a body – an anatomy – which may be ailing and need support. Whether we work with specific physical complaints or not, abdominal massage can help you love your body into alignment with your whole being.
It depends on so many factors. Complex problems, like endometriosis take longer to shift than constipation or sacral pain. Typically, if you are doing self-massage regularly and following the recommendations for other supportive modalities between appointments, you can expect positive change within 6-8 weeks. Plan on 4 sessions and then we can determine if more are needed.
For everyone: please do not schedule for a time when you expect to be menstruating. If you are actively inviting a baby into your life, it’s best to come in between the end of menses and ovulation.
Yes! I use a BodyCushion for Prenatal Massage that allows you to lie face down safely and comfortably for all posterior work, even in the 3rd trimester!